The Sr. Analyst, Revenue Cycle Management (RCM) will create reports, evaluate processes, and perform analysis on billing, collections, AR, denials and all other RCM related activities. This position will support initiatives led by billing, managed care, and CDI leaders as well as the Vice President of RCM.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with establishing and maintaining billing and financial data & reporting for the entire revenue cycle process, including billing, coding, reimbursement, and other payer information.
- Produces daily, monthly and annual evaluative and statistical reports, analyzing drivers of variances from period to period in order to ensure the integrity and accuracy of revenue cycle data
- Evaluates data integrity of billing vendor data including actively participating with and supporting the RCM team with the identification and analysis of data issues in support of continuous data integrity validation and quality improvement processes.
- Perform ad-hoc analysis for RCM leadership, regional leaders, and finance as requested.
- Evaluate and analyze potential managed care contracting opportunities and contracts
- Identify and implement opportunities for improved efficiency & reimbursement
- Assist as needed to perform other related duties and special projects as required
- Minimum: Bachelor’s Degree in business administration or similar field
- Minimum: three (3) years of experience in healthcare analysis is preferred
- Skill in researching, interpreting, and presenting data in a concise manner
- Able to respond to change quickly and generate creative ideas and solutions to emerging business changes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to work on multiple tasks without sacrificing quality, attention to detail, and ability to interact with staff at all levels (and auditors) required
Analytical: Synthesizes complex or diverse information; collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data
- Project Management: Develops and self directs project plans; communications changes and progress
- Technical Skills: Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; pursues training and development opportunities; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with others
- Interpersonal Skills: Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; listens to others without interrupting; remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things
- Oral Communication: Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions
- Written Communication: Writes clearly and informatively; presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information
- Teamwork: Balances team and individual responsibilities; gives and welcomes feedback; puts success of team above own interests
- Quality Management: Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness
- Planning/Organizing: Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time effectively; sets goals and objectives; develops realistic action plans
- Quality: Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality
- Adaptability: adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events
Special Job or Environmental Conditions:
- As needed travel
- Indoor office environment
- Sitting at desk for up to eight hours (w/breaks)
- Working on computer for up to eight hours (w/breaks)
Apply for this Position
Note: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
*INTERNAL CANDIDATES: To be considered for an open position, you must be in good standing (i.e., not on a Performance Improvement Plan) and in your current position for at least six months. You must also meet the minimum requirements for the job and be able to perform the essential functions of the position.