To serve as the onsite liaison between the corporate office and the hospital to ensure that the needs of both are met.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Act as on-site company representative to hospital. Maintain positive relationships with facility administration.
- Ensure open communication with and support of company providers.
- Supervise and delegate to project coordinator.
- Oversee and ensure accuracy of patient billing.
- Collect and configure daily census.
- Make rounds to observe and confirm that all scheduled doctors are present for their shirt. Address and assist with any issues that arise.
- Send daily email to American Physician Partners corporate office with encounters and census information from previous day.
- Upload census information from previous day to MGA website.
- On a daily basis, ensure accuracy of billing information.
- Manage hotel reservations for doctors traveling in from out of town.
- Assist with provider scheduling as needed.
- Act as American Physician Partners representative at hospital meetings including but not limited to daily morning meetings, EOC meetings, medical staff meetings, patient satisfaction meetings, ED workgroup meetings and HM workgroup meetings.
- Handle any and all issues that arise including scheduling conflicts, patient complaints, inquiries, etc.
- All other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Experience:
- High school diploma with one or two years of related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Medical terminology education preferred.
- Previous medical coordination experience preferred.
- Basic computer and keyboarding skills required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required
- Basic Word and Excel computer application skills. Proficient with Windows operating system and Microsoft Outlook program.
- Continuously sitting.
- Frequent walking, standing, bending, kneeling, and reaching.
- Continuous repetitive use of arms, hands and fingers.
- Occasional lifting and carrying up to 20 pounds.
- High level of mental awareness
- High level of attention to detail
Apply for this Position
Note: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
*INTERNAL CANDIDATES: To be considered for an open position, you must be in good standing (i.e., not on a Performance Improvement Plan) and in your current position for at least six months. You must also meet the minimum requirements for the job and be able to perform the essential functions of the position.