To serve as the onsite liaison between the corporate office and the hospital to ensure that the needs of both are met. Oversee Billing and Medical Records needs.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- N/A: Act as on-site company representative to hospital. Maintain positive relationships with facility administration, physicians, and patients.
- N/A: Ensure open communication with and support of co-workers.
- 10%: Assist Medical Directors with provider scheduling in Tangier and ensure that schedules are complete within APP guidelines.
- 10%: Ensure coordination of new provider hospital orientation, including EMR training, and any other hospital required onboarding prior to provider shifts
- 10%: Manage travel for doctors traveling in from out of town.
- 10%: Round on providers daily to ensure all administrative needs are met.
- 10%: Support Medical Directors for ED and HM services with any administrative needs they may have
- 5%: Act as American Physician Partners representative at hospital meetings, including but not limited to daily morning meetings, EOC meetings, medical staff meetings, patient satisfaction meetings, ED workgroup meetings and HM workgroup meetings.
- 5%: Coordinate, record, and prepare summaries of Monthly Department meetings with Medical Directors and Hospital
- 5%: Handle any and all issues that arise including scheduling conflicts, patient complaints, inquiries, etc.
- 5%: Ensure providers have completed all records upon end of shift or before/during next shift worked
- 5%: On a daily basis, work with billing office to ensure accuracy of billing information.
- 5%: Assist in ensuring census information from previous day has been provided to APP home and billing offices
- 5%: Interface with APP billing offices daily to ensure ongoing revenue cycle activities function smoothly by assisting with any onsite medical records or other data needs
- 5%: Ensure daily HM provider/patient census assignments complete and accurate on rotating basis
- 5%: Interface with hospital HIM, IT, and other data departments to assist APP with ongoing needs
- 5%: All other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Experience:
- High school diploma with one or two years of related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Medical terminology education preferred.
- Previous medical coordination experience preferred.
- Basic computer and keyboarding skills required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required
- Basic Word and Excel computer application skills. Proficient with Windows operating system and Microsoft Outlook program.
- Must be professional, prompt, and polite, with a can-do attitude toward problem-solving.
- Continuously sitting.
- Frequent walking, standing, bending, kneeling, and reaching.
- Continuous repetitive use of arms, hands and fingers.
- Occasional lifting and carrying up to 20 pounds.
- High level of mental awareness
- High level of attention to detail
Apply for this Position
Note: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
*INTERNAL CANDIDATES: To be considered for an open position, you must be in good standing (i.e., not on a Performance Improvement Plan) and in your current position for at least six months. You must also meet the minimum requirements for the job and be able to perform the essential functions of the position.