The Credentialing Coordinators will work on a rotating hybrid schedule, with 2 days of in-office work each week.
Responsible for gathering provider information and documents related to onboarding. Verifies provider is in Echo and has a current CV. Reviews documents and information to ensure nothing is expired and all information is included. Works with other members of the team to coordinate communication regarding outstanding items. Works with the assigned Credentialing Specialist and Provider Enrollment to facilitate timely, successful onboarding of the provider. Follows establishes Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), notifications, reference guides, policies and procedures, etc.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- 20%: Verify provider information has transferred to the credentialing database, confirm CV is included in the ATS and in the correct date/year format, and initiate the onboarding tracking and workflow.
- 20%: Process primary source verifications to ensure provider meets APP standards, escalates and red flags to Credentialing Specialist and/or Supervisor.
- 15%: Track 90-day and 60-day expirations for all assigned provider credentialing documents to ensure timely renewal.
- 15%: Assist with reappointments to include running updated primary source verifications, entering new information into credentialing database, merging data into reappointment packet, and collecting provider signatures.
- 10%: Review information and documents provided by the providers. Ensure the documents are not expired, are clear, and placed in the appropriate folders.
- 10%: Assist Credentialing Specialist with obtaining expired, missing or incomplete information from the provider as needed until the files are complete.
- 10%: All other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Experience:
- HS Diploma or equivalent required
- Associates degree preferred
- At least 3 years of healthcare experience
- Basic computer and keyboarding skills required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required
- Research and analyze data to support decision making
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Access) and internet resources
- Ability to handle and maintain secure files containing sensitive personal information
- Ability to organize and prioritize work and manage multiple priorities
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with providers, management, staff and contacts outside the organization
- Ability to follow established work-flows, standard operating procedures and corporate policies and procedures
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to serve as company representative
- Continuously sitting
- Frequent walking, standing, bending, kneeling, and reaching
- Continuous repetitive use of arms, hands and fingers
- Occasional lifting and carrying up to 20 pounds
- High level of mental awareness
- High level of attention to detail
Apply for this Position
Note: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
*INTERNAL CANDIDATES: To be considered for an open position, you must be in good standing (i.e., not on a Performance Improvement Plan) and in your current position for at least six months. You must also meet the minimum requirements for the job and be able to perform the essential functions of the position.