There are two openings for a Clinical Sourcing Associate.
Responsible for the successful sourcing of physicians and advanced practice professionals for American Physician Partners.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- 20%: Identifies and sources targeted physicians and advanced practice professionals using a variety of creative and effective recruitment methods. Reviews CVs/applications and phone screens all candidates to determine quality and fit for the organization
- 10%: Present physicians and advanced practice professionals opportunities with details and clarity, providing information about American Physician Partners, compensation plan, benefits, and specific elements of the position
- 5%: Creates a comprehensive practice description for each opportunity. Prepares job descriptions and develops job postings for company web site
- 20%: Identifies and searches candidate database(s) for potential candidates. Develops hiring campaigns for physicians and advanced practice professionals and places follow-up calls to proactively source candidates
- 10%: Maintains a candidate tracking worksheet/database reflecting documentation of positions open, interviews scheduled, conversation had, offers made or not made, offers accepted or not accepted, reasons for offers declined, etc.
- 10%: Follows up with all candidates and referring parties in a timely manner
- 5%: Directs, organizes, and coordinates all aspects of candidate itineraries, agendas and site visits including travel and hotel reservations, clinic, hospital and community tours, appointments with physicians, lunch/dinner reservations, and processes all related receipts.
- 5%: Prepares financial documents for American Physician Partners for the purpose of tracking expenses
- 5%: Participate in Physician Orientation
- 10%: All other duties as assigned
Knowledge and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, related field or equivalent
2-4 years physician sourcing experience
Advanced proficiency in various computer applications, e.g. word processing, excel spreadsheet, e-mail, database management and presentation software
Excellent communication skills including negotiation skills; must be persistent and persuasive
Must be able to prioritize multiple responsibilities and manage a large workload within tight deadlines
Must be able to establish rapport and effective working relationships with physicians
Excellent problem-solving skills and self-motivation
Ability to independently plan, organize, prioritize, schedule, coordinate, and make decisions relating to assigned tasks
Very strong customer service orientation, positive attitude, highly self-motivated, directed and change oriented
Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
Apply for this Position
Note: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
*INTERNAL CANDIDATES: To be considered for an open position, you must be in good standing (i.e., not on a Performance Improvement Plan) and in your current position for at least six months. You must also meet the minimum requirements for the job and be able to perform the essential functions of the position.