Leadership Expectations and Job Overview
In this leadership role, you will serve as APP’s AVP, Operations for the designated region and you will report directly to Division, President. Our focus as a company is to LEAD IN QUALITY and to deliver an exceptional patient care experience throughout every department. We are proud to be a patient centered, provider centric company committed to exceeding the expectations of our Patients, Providers, and Hospital Partners. Your role in achieving this goal is critical as the lead operations champion within your region, as a member of our unique Dyad Model.
AVP, Operations Leadership Expectations:
To consistently achieve excellence, and to fulfill our mission to exceed expectations we must be outstanding in every area we manage. Through your leadership and partnership with your Regional Medical Director and/or Market Medical Directors you are responsible to oversee business operations at multiple facilities within a designated geographic region and to serve as a key representative to our hospital partners within that region as part of our APP Dyad Model. In partnership with your Regional/Market Medical Directors, the focus will be exceeding expectations of patients, providers, and hospital partners and to ensure the clinical, administrative, fiscal, and operational success of the region in these 5 critical areas:
- Hospital Relationships
- Patient Care Experience
- Leadership Development and Support (Medical Directors)
- Financial Performance and Growth
As an APP AVP, Operations your primary responsibilities are to work with our practice support team to operationalize our APP customer and patient service model. To maintain positive relationships with our hospital partners, serve as APP’s strategic and operational expert within your region regarding revenue cycle and expense management to achieve our budgetary goals, grow our business, and work closely with your Regional/Market Medical Directors to lead our teams to exceptional performance in our KPI Metrics and Quality Initiatives.
Summary of Duties
Practice Support Center
- Work with our Medical Directors at each facility to develop a strong relationship with APP’s Recruiting Department ensuring they are working toward building strong provider teams at each facility. Timely follow up with all candidates is vital to facilitate efficient and effective recruiting.
- Work with our Medical Directors at each facility to develop a strong relationship with APP’s Credentialing Department ensuring their providers initial or re-credentialing packets are completed and submitted in a timely manner.
- Work with our Medical Directors at each facility to develop a strong relationship with APP’s Scheduling Department ensuring the sense of Medical Director “ownership” in the completion of the schedule and the use of a strong, core provider team at each facility.
- Continue to develop and maintain, along with your medical directors , high-quality relationships with hospital CEOs and other constituents.
- Work with Regional/Market Medical Directors to identify and pursue new business opportunities in your region to further achieve growth.
- In connection with such business development activities:
- Work with Regional/Market Medical Directors to develop and evaluate financial models to ensure profitable contracts.
- Build relationships, meet with and make presentations to key decision makers.
Revenue Cycle Management:
- Work with Regional/Market Medical Directosr to continually assess for optimization and improvements in the clinical operations at each facility to include documentation improvement, incomplete chart process, volume or acuity driven staffing optimization, and elimination of premium / locum providers.
Medical Director Development:
- Build and maintain good relationships with medical staff and administration.
- Develop and train assistant director(s) capable of assuming duties of the medical director in the future.
- Ensure our monthly Operational Management Meetings and Quality Initiatives are hardwired at the hospital led by our Medical Director and Nursing Director.
- KPI Scorecards are populated and used to achieve goals for high performance in the Patient Care Experience.
- Conduct Quarterly Regional Leadership Development Institute with Medical Directors in your region.
- Ensure Quarterly Provider Meetings are being conducted by Medical Director at their facilities.
- Attend monthly Operational Management Meetings at all of your facilities on a regular basis.
- Work with our Medical Director to ensure monthly Operational Management Meeting includes key leadership and decision makers, and focuses on KPI metrics in throughput, Patient Care Experience, and Quality with opportunities for improvement identified and actions plans developed.
- Interact and build strong relationships with CEOs at all your facilities.
- Ownership and accountability for the financial and clinical performance within your region and prepare monthly updates with performance improvement plans to achieve goals and share at our Monthly Operating Meetings (Corporate).
- Primary responsibility is managing the Patient Care Experience, Medical Director Development, and Quality performance within the region.
- Implement our Medical Director Daily Dashboard Tool with each of your Medical Directors and train them to their APP Leadership Toolkit to manage their team through transparent and collective feedback.
- Summary of Duties of our Dyad Regional Leadership Team:
Key Drivers for Excellence in our Programs:
- Financial Performance and Growth
- Hospital Relationships with Contract Holder
- Coaching and Mentoring our Medical Directors to be effective servant leaders and team managers
- Achieving excellence in our Quality and KPI Metric Performance
- APP Team Culture of Excellence
Summary of Key Drivers Transforming the Patient Experience:
Key Drivers for Excellence in the Comprehensive Patient Experience:
- Quality of Care
- Caregiver Relationships – “One Team” approach to Patient Care
- Patient Centered Operational Processes
- Winning Team Culture – Collaboration
- Understanding the Patients’ Perception and striving to exceed expectations
Summary of our APP Leadership Cycle (Mandatory):
Quarterly Leadership Model:
- Leadership Huddle (webinar)
- Leadership Development Institute (LDI)
- Facility Specific Provider Meetings
Minimum: Bachelor’s Degree in business administration, healthcare administration or similar field
Preferred: MBA, MHA, Practice Management Certification MGMA or AAMM
Experience Minimum: 5+ years’ experience working with healthcare/practice operations with working knowledge of hospital and healthcare environments.
Proven strength in support of a dyad operating model where providers and operational leadership tackle both strategic and tactical leadership for the partnership’s success.
Preferred: Experience managing physician practice with expertise in billing, credentialing, recruiting and RCM process. RVU knowledge and implementation expertise and well versed on the pro fee side.
Through our collective teamwork, leadership execution, and commitment to excellence we will effectively lead our teams to achieve exceptional performance in the patient care experience, and exceed expectations for our Patients, Providers, and Hospital Partners.
Apply for this Position
Note: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
*INTERNAL CANDIDATES: To be considered for an open position, you must be in good standing (i.e., not on a Performance Improvement Plan) and in your current position for at least six months. You must also meet the minimum requirements for the job and be able to perform the essential functions of the position.