The Electronic Medical Record Systems and Educationprofessional will be responsible for directing and organizing the necessary components of the various EMR systems that impact reporting of required documentation for physician billing.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- 20%: Work closely with other HIIM and physician practice management to develop, direct, and implement strategies to achieve physician regulatory compliance
- 20%: Serve as main point of contact and application subject matter expert for the various sites and template building for physician chart
multiple data sources.
- 20%: Educate and inform the Providers and Practice Managers on current and future regulatory activities through communication methods such as audio meetings, emails, and reference material
multiple data sources into a data warehouse
- 15%: Escalate to Corporate leadership when billing vendor is unable to resolve chart feed issues to billing vendor satisfaction to provide quality physician billing.
- 15%: Responsible for reviewing medical record to determine if necessary, components of documentation exist in the medical record
- 10%: Follow and remain compliant with all policies and procedures, including continuing education requirements as it relates to electronic documentation in medical record
Knowledge and Experience:
- Licensure /Certification in coding (RHIA, RHIT) preferred; Bachelor’s degree in HIM, Computer Science, or related computer program required.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience managing or implementing hospital electronic medical record
- Demonstrate knowledge of physician documentation workflow in electronic medical record
- Must possess critical thinking skills with the ability to effectively communicate to all levels of APP corporate
- Job Knowledge: Understands the expectations of the position and consistently meets the objective of the role
- Demonstrated experience with EPIC, Medhost, Meditech, Cerner, or experience with various health information system
Abilities Required (work characteristics, behaviors, leadership abilities, etc.)
- Productive: Completes assigned charts and reports correctly and within time allowed
- Communication: Keeps team informed and promotes open communication
- Problem Solving/Decision Making: Uses sound judgment to gather and analyze information in accordance with American Physician Partners Policies
- Travel –light as needed to local facility
- Remote position
- Ability to work at a computer for 8+ hours.
Apply for this Position
Note: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.